The firm handles routine motor vehicle offenses and everything up to homicide. Attorney Largay has handled a number of murder trials involving very technical forensic issues, graphic crime scenes and emotionally-charged situations. A confident attitude and calm, rational demeanor are essential to this type of work - consider that the government which prosecutes criminal allegations has resources and a power that is unlimited and often goes unchecked.
Defending these cases is about more than getting someone "off" - it's about protecting individual civil rights, defending the Constitution and advocating for fair treatment through the bail, plea negotiations, trials, appeals and probation processes. Without aggressive and effective legal talent, the unrepresented or poorly represented folks in the criminal arena often are punished more harshly and unfairly in comparison to their fellow citizens.
We have handled every manner of OUI/OAS/OAR/HO case, as well as assaults, drug possession and trafficking, crimes against people/property, and white-collar crimes. Our criminal practice extends to every jail and courthouse from the Kennebec River in Augusta, Maine, eastward and northerly to the Maine-Canadian borders. We handle such matters with care, coordination, confidence and the utmost in confidentiality.
A sampling of cases we handle includes:
- Bail Issues - Setting, Changes & Challenges
- Offenses Against the Person:
- Murder & Felony Murder
- Assault, Aggravated Assault
- Criminal Threatening
- Terrorizing & Stalking
- Sexual Assaults (only when we truly believe in innocence)
- Thefts & Stolen Property Crimes
- Burglary & Criminal Trespass
- Computer Crimes
- Forgery and Related Offenses
- Prostitution & Public Indecency
- Unlawful Gambling
- Fraud & Embezzlement
- Weapons Offenses
- Drugs - Use, Possession, Cultivation, Furnishing & Trafficking
- Matters considered as quasi-criminal, such as licensing issues with professional or occupational boards and government administrative boards
- Search and seizure issues, including search warrants and dealing with the police
- Sentencing, Probation, Early Release, Pardons and Alternatives to Jail/Prison.
You have the RIGHT to remain silent. You have the RIGHT to confront and cross-examine witnesses against you. You have the RIGHT to be presented with and challenge the physical & testimonial evidence against you. You have the RIGHT in most cases to a Jury Trial by your peers.
|CONTACT US:||Main Office:|
|293 State Street, Bangor, ME.|